Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 8 - a Kidney Bean!

Another week has come and gone and I really still don't have that "I'm Pregnant" feeling...except we have now told a few people - mainly our parents - so it should start seeming a little more real any day now, right?!?!

About Me:

I'm feeling great...besides a little tired, I really have nothing to complain about. I've lost a little of the excitement towards gallons of water to keep headaches away, but have survived by finding that one sparkling water a day REALLY helps! I didn't really write anything down this week to help prompt me at the blog, so I'm guessing that's why I don't remember much! Hmmm, better notes next week!

About Monster:

This week, Monster's head is proportionally larger than the rest of the body and the ears and eyelids are developing. Fingers and toes are forming from the arm and leg buds which now have wrists and elbow that can FLEX. WOW! Baby's heart is beating away!

Planning for Monster:

This week marked another visit to my NP for a pelvic exam. We will now be going monthly and at our next appointment we will have another ultrasound and get to HEAR the heartbeat. Wow, I already know that Rich's heart will probably skip a beat or two in excitement and I'll most likely pass out!

We are also in the hunt for an OB, as we have changed our mind from a family practice doctor. Main reasons for change are:
1. I have an awesome NP who will be with me the whole way
2. We want to have Monster's pediatrician close to us (and not in Bellevue)
3. It just feels right!

We feel very blessed that I haven't been HIT with morning sickness and are working with the power of positive thinking (and eating when Monster needs) to hopefully keep that at bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment