Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 6 - a Blueberry!

Growing up so fast...already the size of a blueberry! Today marks 6 weeks 4 days and each day is special, unique, scary, emotional and different. We are 5 days away from our 1st ultrasound and just holding our breath that everything is going good. I had a little cramping and spotting this afternoon, so we are a little shaken up...but know that what is meant to be will be. I keep on reciting to myself to relax and know that our Little Monster is doing what needs to be done right now.


About me:


This week went fairly smooth. I had very tender breasts (understatement of the year), it felt like my nipples were going to pop off a few times this week, but I'm doing so much better now. I've been good on the nausea front as well, just a little tired during the week and then the cramps and spotting today. It's amazing how you can just feel your body change, even if no one else can tell, I can definitely tell something is going on. I've gained 1 pound, but to me it looks like I've gained about 15 in my midsection...things are shifting and moving all the time. Also this weekend, I went to my first pregnancy yoga class with a friend who is also pregnant and it was great. I can see how it will help with labor, delivery and also when I start to get bigger. I haven't had any food aversions or cravings, however, when I smelled Rich's wine the other night I thought it was the grossest thing imaginable. I guess the body knows what is good for it. Chukar is also starting to realize that something is different and is very protective of me. He seems to want to lay with me, on me, or by me all the time. It's amazing how intune he is with all the changes going on.

We did have our first night out where I had to mix up some "mock-tails" so that no one knew about our Little Monster. Sorry Jen, Alex and Aaron, but you will all know very soon!


About Monster:


This week our baby started to sprount limbs that will continue to divide and form hands, arms, legs, knees and feet. Also forming this week is our baby's mouth and tongue. It's amazing that just 6 weeks in, Monster is already a little person.

We are excited to see what this weeks brings and pray for the continued health and development of our little monster. Hopefully for our next update, we will have Monster's 1st picture from the ultrasound.


Planning for Monster:


This week we decided that we are getting close to start sharing our news and are trying to think of fun and creative ways to tell our family and friends. Right now, Rich and I have a few tricks up our sleeves, but the planning will continue this week. It's such an exciting and scary time...we want everyone to feel special when we tell them and share in the excitement that we feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment