Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 7 - a Raspberry!



This was a BIG week...like every week, but this one was our BIGGEST yet! On Friday, March 16th, Rich and I headed to get Monster's FIRST Ultrasound. With bladders full (both of us), we waited and waited, until I could wait no more. I had to release a little water or I would explode. Guess what, I went overboard and drank too much and got to go again before the Ultrasound with the permission of our tech!

The Ultrasound was amazing...since Monster was a little camera shy (and too small for the regular Ultrasound), the tech had to do a vaginal ultrasound. Not nearly as awful as I thought it would be, but freaking amazing as WE GOT TO SEE MONSTER'S HEART BEAT! Are you kidding me?!?! It was simply amazing. I think that Rich and I were both in shock that we got to see that little heart beating...and that everything with Monster is going great!

The other news we got from the ultrasound was a NEW and "OFFICIAL" Due Date....seems like Monster wants to spend one more week in the womb, as our new estimated time of arrival is:

NOVEMBER 7th, 2012!!!!

In other news, we took our 1st hospital tour on Saturday at Swedish in Seattle. We are thinking that the idea of having a Family Doctor who can be Monster's Doctor post-womb would be really awesome. Rich and I both believe that Monster is going to be low-risk, so this is a great route. Of course, we are going to check out a few more places and then have to start talking to Doctor's. I'm lucky to be about to have my Nurse Practioner care for me until about week 20, so we aren't in a pinch to find someone!

About Me:

WOW! Pregnancy hit me like a ton of bricks this week and Monster told me "I'm HERE"! I learned the hard way, both Friday and Saturday, that if I didn't eat when Monster told me too...that I was going to be sick! Friday was definitely the better of the two, as I almost passed out and had to sit down on Saturday while on our tour at Swedish. Yes, I was the lady sitting/squatting in the hallway with her husband trying to get her to go to the bathroom. Embarassing and awful, but LESSON LEARNED! We stocked up on portable snacks today at Costco, so NEVER again will we be caught "with our pants down"!

About Monster:

This week Monster's upper lip is forming...but since this is Rich and my baby, we are thinking that Monster is just hanging out, since not much needs to be formed in that area. However, the nose and eyelids are starting to form, plus fingers and toes! Monster's little heart is beating away too...and from our ultrasound, it is approximately 116 bpm!


Planning for Monster:

Starting our hospital tours and hopefully settling on our ideal location soon....so that the search for the doctor can happen in the next few weeks! Also, this week, WE GO PUBLIC! We are planning to tell our parents this weekend! Holy cow! The time where Monster was our little secret is almost done...and we are so excited to share this special time with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment