Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week 31 - Seriously FLYING by!


Week 31, all-freaking-ready?!?!  Holy smokes, we are starting to fly down the hill with no breaks and guess what (?!?!) there is no stopping now.  Monster is on his/her way and Rich and I are like a deer in headlights.  Well, maybe not that bad, but the excitement turns to fear and then turns back to excitement on about an every 30 minute time table!
This was too funny to not share...and a picture from a mere 10 weeks ago.  A friend did something similar on her pregnancy blog and I thought that it was a must do!  

Best part about this picture is...
I really thought that I couldn't get any bigger!
HAHAHAHAH! I'm now eating my words and know that even the picture above is not even close to how BIG I'll be at the end of this adventure!  Let's just hope that 10 weeks post baby I can look like the picture below...that would be ideal!
About ME:

Waist: 40.5 inches (Total growth 7 inches) - Staying steady
Weight: 158.8 lbs (Total increase 15.0 lbs)

This week I was able to get my emotions under control and realize that everything is going to be FINE!  After hearing from some friends with newborns about the struggles they are going through, I really can't say anything negative about pregnancy...or at least I don't really remember anything that sticks out as "sucking" this week.  The acid reflux has flared back up and is a constant after any meal...seriously, water gives me acid reflux now, but it typically comes and goes pretty fast.

I've also come to grips with this size of my belly.  Rich likes to refer to it as "HUGE" and I can finally smile and say "Holy smokes, it is".  I got back into yoga this past week and have also been doing lots of stretches at night to help with the baby discomfort...sometimes it feels like the baby might just detach and fall out.  Plus, the Braxton Hicks are in full force...I have them multiple times per day and honestly, if that was labor, I would be happy.  However, I'm pretty sure that it is going to be a little, ok - A LOT, more intense!  A girl can dream, right?!?

About MONSTER:

Our Little Monster continues to marinate and grow and move!  Now the size of a large head of lettuce and weighing upwards of 3.0 lbs.  Brain development continues to be in the forefront of development these next few weeks and Monster can now perceive information from all 5 senses!  It's really amazing!!

Planning for MONSTER:

Another week, another doctor's appt...and all things are going well.  I'm measuring where I should and my weight is in the low (but acceptable) range!  Basically, doctor is happy with how active I have been able to stay and says it will only help for delivery and post-delivery!  YEAH!  It's nice to know that we are doing something right!

Another fun thing we did was put together the stroller and also attach the newborn car-seat to it...basically, it's the Cadillac of strollers and it's pretty awesome!




















We also had a little fun with arts and crafts for the nursery...found the idea on ETSY and had to make it for Monster's nursery!  We aren't too big into things that are too baby...so this was a fun take on something baby for the nursery.  To be determined where we will hang it...but it is ready when we are!

Looking forward to a FAMILY MONSTER SHOWER this Sunday...
and also our next OB appointment, Ultrasound and Birthing Class on Monday!  
A busy WEEK 32 is ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment