Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week 30 - Is the honeymoon over?

 
 
About ME:

Waist: 40.5 inches (Total growth 7 inches) - Another no belly growth week
Weight: 158.2 lbs (Total increase 14.4 lbs)

So last week was rainbows and sunshine and this week, Pregnancy got a little more real.  First off, I've developed a "little bumps" on a few places on my arms and feet.  Everything I've read says it's normal, and even have a friend who had the same thing in her 3rd trimester (and they are gone for her now).  Secondly, I almost passed out at acupuncture and thought that I might *poop* myself on the table.  Yes, it was lovely.  Third thing, I felt the "pass out" feeling at a client and had to go home.  I realized that it was low blood sugar, but it was scary.

The fun of this week is the real connection that Rich and I are starting to feel with Monster...I'm not sure if it is because we've been around so many babies lately, or it is just more real that Monster will be here shortly, but he/she really seems like a little person in there.  The personality is coming out through different activity times, responding to us when we talk to the belly and all around just starting to connect with me.  Say it's a mother's instinct, but this kid is really cool!  He told me today that he was going to do his best to make easy on Mama and Papa. 

I'm still working on keeping my body active during pregnancy (which I've heard makes for a better labor experience) with many walks with Chukar.  Also on the schedule is to get back into yoga this week (and for the duration of pregnancy).  Another must do is nightly stretches to make sure that my body is as ready as my mind!

About MONSTER:

Pretty cool week...Monster had HICCUPS (and I was able to feel it).  At first, it freaked me out, as it felt like a mini-seizure happening in my belly, but once I found out what it was, it was just amazing.  (DON'T HATE ME...this experience is so freaking cool and I'm loving it)!

Week 30 was BRAIN GAIN week for Monster...until now, the brain was smooth, but now it is taking on the characteristic grooves and indentations. These wrinkles allow for an increased amount of brain tissue as baby prepares for life outside of me!  Also this week, bone marrow production has taken over red blood cells...huge importance here because it means Monster will be able to thrive on his/her own upon arrival. Our hairy little Monster is also starting to shed the soft, downy hair that has been helping regulate his/her temperature to this point.

It's amazing...but Monster is really getting ready now to show us who HE or SHE is!
 
Planning for MONSTER:

Last night we had our 1st of 5 Childbirth Prep classes and surprisingly it went A LOT better that either Rich or I could have hoped for. Neither of us are really good in a hospital setting and just the discussion of labor and delivery typically makes me nauseous, however, this class was amazing. What really did it for me was when the instructor showed a life-size baby and pelvis and how the baby comes out...it was great. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

The calendar shows 71 more days, but Rich and I both agree that this baby isn't going to wait until then...but maybe we will have an "election day baby"...or Halloween...or whenever Monster decides it's time!

No comments:

Post a Comment