Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Week 28 - The final stretch!

About ME:

Welcome to the THIRD TRIMESTER!!!!

Waist: 40.5 inches (Total growth 7 inches) - this is around, not the measurement they do at the OB!
Weight: 156.8 lbs (Total increase 13 lbs)

We had our 28 week appointment with our OB today and found out that the glucose test I took last week came back negative (or positive), however you want to look at it.  Basically, the results were great and I don't have diabetes.  Baby is growing great and the only issue is that I'm anemic as a result of the prenancy.  I will be adding red meat back into the diet and continuing to eat leafy greens...quite possibly going to start taking an Iron supplement too to make sure that I get my levels back up.

I'm growing and in the words of Rich "becoming huge"...I'm starting to accept the fact that my belly is now a reason for people to double-take when they look at me.  Get over it people...it's a baby!

This week also brought on a little worry about how things will be post baby...mostly work related, but still starting to get lists together so we can plan this a little better.

I'm back at walking 4-5 days per week and even if I don't go fast, or go to far, it's been great for my energy and also my attitude!

About MONSTER:

Monster has moved into the final position for birth (hopefully) and is officially head down.  The movement last week was like a circus, but it seems like he/she knew what to do and it getting ready to just hang out for the next 11-12 weeks and grow.  I'm guessing that the room in there is a little smaller and the days of flips are close to over.  Lots of kicking and punching, but this is expected at this point.

Monster now weighs about 2.5 pounds and is almost 16 inches long....plus, has added blinking into his/her bag of tricks!  Another thing to note this week is that Monster's lungs have, for the most part, reached full maturity.   We hope that Monster's stays put for at least 9 more weeks...but we have a little peace knowing that there is an excellent prognosis if he/she decides on an early debut!

Planning for MONSTER:

Look at the room....it's fully painted! A picture and video for your viewing pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment