Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 18 - a Bell Pepper!

About ME:

This week definitely had it's ups and downs....on the up side was the scale where I really had my first weight gain of about 2 pounds since this whole thing started.  One of the downs was that I will refer to week 18 of pregnancy as angry, irritable and off week....it was just a hormonal week.  And for the big UP, drum roll please, I FELT MONSTER MOVE FIRST TIME!  Wow, it was amazing.  People explained it to me as butterflies in my stomach...so I pictured the 'love' type where you are giddy and feel a flutter...this actually felt like I had a dozen or so butterflies flying around inside me.  WOW, it was amazing.  I have to say I'm excited to share this with Rich when he can feel from the outside...but it's pretty awesome that Monster and I get a little of our own time too!  This journey is so amazing, but sometimes I just wish that Rich got to experience some of the "crazy" things with pregnancy. 


About MONSTER:

This week, Monster is really growing... about 5.5 inches long and weighing about 5 ounces (compared to a chicken breast).  Plus, this week Monster has learned how to yawn (can we maybe look forward to seeing that in our next ultrasound?) All the other senses are continuing to develop...better hearing, more nervous system development, and just plan growth.

Planning for MONSTER:

Another week went by (and they are definitely coming faster and faster) and the only thing I know that is being planned for Monster is a baby shower in September by a couple of my great friends (thanks Michaela and Jenn).  I'm guessing that the whole "nesting" instinct will come to me shortly...but for now, I'm enjoying just being pregnant and knowing that we still have about 50% of the time left...so lots of time to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment