Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 20 - a Cantaloupe!



Can you see the cantaloupe?  I sure can!!!

About ME
:

This was a BIG week...and by BIG, I mean I grew 1.5 inches around and gained 1.4 pounds putting the running total at 3.5 inches and 4.2 pounds.  I'm still feeling great and have learned how to keep my hormones in line.  On the bodily function side...number 1 happens too much and number 2 not enough!  A friend recommended some probiotics that work for her, so I started them yesterday and am hoping they will get things moving.  I started a book this week "Does this pregnancy make me look fat" and I'm really enjoying the commentary and understanding a little more about how this is changing my body. Sometimes all the focus seems to be on Monster, but Mama has to figure out how to cope with all this change too!  During the 2nd trimester, I go to acupuncture only 1 time per month, so I'm back in tomorrow. 


About MONSTER:

Monster is MOVING and shaking.  Rich likes to gently pat on my belly and say "Wake Up Monster" and it seems to work.  Monster gives Rich a high-five and then passes back out...I'm pretty sure this will still happen when Monster is on the outside.  It's just the kind of relationship they are going to have...and I think it is too cute for words!  The special little bonding between father and child is so amazing...and even cooler that it is happening around Father's Day!

Going on inside, Monster's skin is covered with a waxy-like substance called vernix which is protecting him/her skin from becoming chapped!  Also starting is the production of meconium, which will accumulate in the bowels and eventually pass during delivery or the first diaper.  (A joy to look forward to....um, I think not)!

Planning for MONSTER

This week we had our 20 week appointment with our OB and all is good!  It was a quick visit, but we got to hear the heart rate and also Monster flipping around.  Active little bugger!!! 

We also started to think about the nursery and getting a plan together for how we are going to decorate.  This coming week we have our LONG ultrasound where we will get to see all of Monster's organs and see how everything is developing.  Also coming up is the need to start looking into a registry, or at least picking out a few things to purchase for the nursery.  Monster is coming whether we are ready or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment