Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week 19 - Large Heirloom Tomato


About ME:

Week 19 already...almost half way there.  I have to say, this is really starting to fly by!  A little look at the bump. 


Seems to have stopped growing from the side...but when I look down from the top, I have a little bit of a hard time seeing around it. I feel like I have gotten my groove back and am starting to feel more and more like my pre-pregnancy self. I think that Rich is just as happy as I am about this...as there have been a lot less hormonal meltdowns of late! Still feeling great, however, I am starting to get a lot of movement and discomfort when Monster is moving around.  My tailbone has also acted up a little this week giving me some severe pain, luckily it is pretty intermitent and bearable.  Rich thinks he felt Monster last night too, so that was pretty monumental (however, I think it was just a little gas). We know that PAPA will get to feel the movement soon...so maybe Monster is waiting to make the BIG appearance next weekend for Father's Day!  This week, we also bit the bullet and purchased some maternity clothes for me...shirts, jeans, dresses!  It was time!!!

About MONSTER:

Growing bigger and stronger everyday!  The brain is continuing to develop and becoming more specialized this week as areas are being designated for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch.  Also, more motor nuerons are developing allowing Monster to have more controlled and conscious movement!

Planning for MONSTER:

We talked A LOT this week about how things are going to change after Monster is here...and how we are going to do our best to keep our lives as normal as possible.  Also, we have figured out a little more about our work schedules and how we can limit day care to potentially 1-2 days per week.  OUR GOAL from day one has been to raise our own little Monsters, so now we are just trying to figure out how this will best work. 

Another couple who is expecting gave us a great idea this week...to purchase one big thing for Monster each month.  I definitely think that this is a great idea...Crib one month, Car Seat the next, then a Stroller, and so forth.  We only have 5 more months to go...so we better get on this. 

This Friday we have our next appointment with our OB and get to hear (confirm) how Monster is progressing...then next week we have the BIG Ultrasound.  This one would tell us if Monster is a Girl or a Boy, however, we are waiting for the BIG reveal in the delivery room!

Discussions on names have also been floating around like saucers around here...and we have a few favorites for either sex.  Can't believe how real this is all becoming...and after next week, we will be on the downward side of this pregnancy timeline...and with all things downhill, we are sure it will start moving FASTER and Faster!

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment