Friday, July 26, 2024

Lake days are the best days!


The morning/afternoon/evening/whenever Wagons East picture has become a favorite of mine...I can't tell you how many times we are like "when did we leave on xxx trip" and I'm like...ding, ding, ding, I captured it with a photo so now we know.

It's funny, but the 4 hour trip (typically 5 hours with food, gas and other) is one of the things that sets my heart right for time off the grid.  It's the audible or worship music or kindle reading or snack eating that makes these trips fun.  Of course, I was blessed with 3 amazing travelers and a road warrior for a husband, so the drive is always an adventure.

Plus, there is nothing quite as beautiful as cresting the hill and heading down to the lake no matter what time we get there.

Summer 2024 has been full of trips to the cabin...and I was laughing when I looked that 5 out of the next 6 weeks we are going too.  Soaking up summer 2024 might be an understatement at this point.

June weather wasn't the best...but it gave us time to come down from the crazy that is a full year of school.


My pico making gal...if I remember to pack the ingredients, she will always make herself useful in the kitchen.

Father's Day...a trip to North 40 and Starbucks.  Love that he's easy to please with trip to the outdoor paradise and some caffeine.

1st Kayak trip of the summer... a little hike down to Friday bay but lots of fun once we set sail.













Early morning walks are my favorite...I get some quiet time and Ford has become accustomed to getting that time with me.  :) Makes it hard to sleep in on the days that I want to, but what Ford wants, mama does!


Bye Dad...have a great morning fishing!  

Find yourself a place with a little community pool...everything is better when you add water.


Another trip...another Wagons East photo for the the memories!

This trip the girls helped wash the boat.

Swimming Fun...

Mom...it's too sunny!

After his morning coffee, this guy will usually join in for another mile or 2 walk with me (and sometimes the evening too).

Walk and talk with my middle love...she definitely doesn't get as much one on one time so I try to carve some moments when it is just us.  

The weather was crazy on one of our June trips...hail, rain, wind and double rainbows.

Looks like it is hammock thirty!

I laugh when I group multiple trips because I'm a creature of habit with the pictures I take...but someday I will have a collage of the years...and all the memories that go with!

Air Hockey is officially set up!

Big helper with Mr. Ford

And then we set sail...with the pup too!

I love these moments and the memories build with each kiddo. Summer 2024 has been busy with some camps for the big kids, but I will cherish the times we stopped and spent it with the Fab 5!

Boat naps are the best!

Most trips to the lake have at least 1 trip (or 5) to Lovebirds.

Getting ready for our first 4th of July at the lake!


The view on our walks never gets old...I pray that I'm still saying that in 50 years!

Heat plus walks equals LOUNGE LIZARD FORD.

To the pool....sure, let's do this!

Like daughter, Like mother!

And then we had Dr. Pepper - Rootbeer - Crush floats...you decide which is your favorite, they are all delish!

Taco night...homemade pico and guacamole.

Scooter...Park....Walk...Pool...Eat...repeat!

Let Freedom Ring...our first 4th at the lake.


4th of July treats...I mean, have your ice cream baby!!!


Another day...another drop off for Daddy at the lake.  Thankful for my walk/run buddy who goes with me.

I told you....creatures of habit!  Some people like new experiences, we love a good chill day at the cabin. 

Lunch at the grill...they know my girls and brought out a plate of pickles.

I mean, a hammock and a kindle...she was "too sleepy" for the walk and got out of it because, well, she asked.

It's the lake...I might wear the same thing over and over and over and over again....

Golf Cart Parade time...

I taught Millie the importance of the "George Washington"...bringing back summer swim 1987.

Awesome fireworks over Two Rivers Marina.

Early morning trip back home after a fun 4th at the lake....

Even made it back home for Sunday church...now that's a great week in review!

 And that's the first trips to the lake of summer 2024...many, many, many more to come...oops, gotta pack, we leave again today!

No comments:

Post a Comment