Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 38 - YES, I'm Still Pregnant!

 
YEAH, the car seat is installed and to-be inspected on Tuesday!

About ME:

Waist: 43.5 inches (Total growth 10.0 inches)- looks like I might have reached my peak with no growth this week!  The belly has DROPPED significantly and is starting to put a ton of pressure on my pelvis.

Weight: 164.8 lbs (Total increase 21 lbs) - Down 1.2 pounds from last week - most likely due to decreased swelling this week and less water weight!

Physically, pregnancy is starting to wear on me.  I have increased pain in my left rib over the past week and mentally, I'm just ready to be "done".  I've gotten to the point that when people ask/tell me "you're still pregnant" or "almost there" or "we're waiting"...there is a small part inside of me that wants to punch them in the face.  I'm usually not a violent person, so I'm blaming hormones for this.  Thank goodness for GREAT friends who tell me it's ok to feel this way and that the last couple weeks will end up a blur in the great scheme of pregnancy!

The great news of the week came on TUESDAY at the OB when I found out that I'm Strep B negative and also ALREADY DILATED TO 1 CM!  YES! YES! YES!  Forward progress is awesome in my books, as is not needing any antibiotics when I go into labor.  One less thing to deal with at the hospital!

Plus, Thursday night, I experienced my first REAL CONTRACTIONS...yes, good-bye Braxton Hicks, hello Contractions!  They were pretty intense, but I was so excited that time is getting closer that I know that I can deal with them.  BRING IT ON!!!
 
About MONSTER:

All systems, almost go!  Monster's lungs are continuing to mature as more and more surfactant is secreted (this is what prevents the lungs from sticking to each other when Monster begins to breathe on his/her own).  Plus, vernix and lanugo continue to shed from Monster's body into the amniotic fluid.  All good things take time...and it seems that these final processes are very important for a healthy Monster post-womb!

Planning for MONSTER:

We have come to the conclusion that there is NOTHING else we can "PLAN" for Monster.  It is now just a waiting game...so we've decided to take these last days/weeks and enjoy our family of 3, get lots of sleep and get as mentally ready for our world to change as possible!

A few ways we did this during this week:

1. DATE NIGHT!  Yes, Friday night we went out to dinner and just relaxed!
2. SLEEP! We have tried to go to bed early and sleep in whenever possible...I was able to both Saturday and Sunday!
3. GET OUT AND ENJOY THE OUTDOORS!  From impromptu hunting trips with Chukar to Marymoor Dog Park trips...we are going to try to maximize the outdoor adventures until Monster gets here (and we still have the energy)!

Our happy little CHUKAR celebrated his 3rd birthday on October 18th and got to spend the day of fun at PetSmart with all his friends.  He even had a "doggie sundae"...plus many presents from Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa!  So spoiled!

Plus, on Saturday, Rich and Chukar hit up a little spot outside of Ellensburg for a little Quail hunting...our proud puppy with a retrieve (typically, Brittany's are not known for this, but our little hunter loves this part too).  A great point followed by an awesome retrieve.  
 
  

 The proud pup with the days birds!
As the end of the 38th week arrives on Tuesday, we are excited to see what the FINAL (hopefully less/not more) 14 days bring!  The waiting is starting to drive us a little crazy, but we know that Monster is going to come when he/she is ready. 

Patience....YES, I'm still pregnant and must relax enjoy the final days!

No comments:

Post a Comment