Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 35 - Watermelon or Basketball

About ME:

No pictures. No weight tracking. No measurements.  This is what happens when you don't back up your phone and update to the new operating system...so next week will be a BIG week.

The question of "how I'm carrying" and "have I dropped" have come up a lot lately...so to answer these questions.  I'm carrying a watermelon that should be entered into a fair for a BIG BLUE RIBBON.  This kid is getting huge.

The question of "have I dropped" is an astounding YES!  Probably about 2-3 inches...not only can you spot that I've dropped if you see me often, but if you are around me and there is food, WATCH OUT!  I'm ravenous these days...meaning my stomach might actually have a little space and I constantly want to fill it with food.  I'm still making good decisions...and have been eating fruit and drinking water like there might be a draught in the near future!

The Braxton Hicks have become out of control...but I find that if I stand up or move positions they tend to subside (a true testament that they aren't REAL contractions yet).  Definitely getting more intense and closer together, but as my OB tells me, it the body prepping for the real thing...which is just around the corner!

Next OB appt is the exciting Strep B test (look it up, no fun) and cervical examinations to see the progress (or lack there of).

Also, emotions are back.  Overwhelmed with what needs to get done and can't deal with any form of sarcasm anymore (sarcasm now = tears)...

About MONSTER:

Monster is almost fully functioning at this point...kidneys are completely developed and liver is functional and capable of processing waste products!  Baby shouldn't be growing length wise anymore, but will be putting on about .5 lbs until arrival....with body fat closer to 15% now (and almost 30% by birth).  Can't wait to squeeze those little chubby legs...

Planning for MONSTER:

A few "lasts" happened this week:

  1. Our LAST birthing class was last night
  2. Our LAST 2 week appointment at the OB
  3. Our LAST to-dos before baby were assigned with deadlines to completion
  4. Our LAST MMAC business meeting before baby
It is just crazy to think that it is weeks(or a month plus) away until we get to meet this little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment