Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 37 - FULL TERM!!!


About ME:

A picture is worth 1,000 words, so here are 2,000 words...and I think they all start with HUGE!  Yes, the BARE belly.  Enjoy...I hope you weren't in the middle of eating because you definitely lost your appetite now.  I decided that these pictures were a must so I can tell Monster (if "it" is a she) why you should NEVER get your belly button pierced...

Yes, the belly button is an OUTTIE now too...and has been for about 8 weeks!  It's like Monster saying "I'm READY"...well baby, so are we!


Waist: 43.3 inches (Total growth 10.0 inches)
Weight: 166 lbs (Total increase 22.2 lbs) - why yes, that was 4.2 lbs in ONE FREAKING WEEK!  This is the largest gain I've had to date...and I'm hoping that the next 3 weeks don't match that growth (unless it is what Monster needs and then Mama will deal).  I'm sure there will be tears, but I will deal!

This week, thank goodness was full-term, because IT WAS ROUGH! I mean, emotional meltdown central...swelling...feelings that Monster is NEVER coming...and then realizing that Monster is coming and we better be ready!

The week recap by breakdown...

Breakdown #1 - the numbers on the scale!
Breakdown #2 - ankles that now look like tree trunks from swelling!
Breakdown #3 - no effacement or cervical dilation at my weekly check-up (and the OB saying that lots of women go 2 weeks late with Baby #1) - yes, that would be NOVEMBER 21st!  Seriously, a lifetime away! 
Breakdown #4 - had to take my wedding ring off! (Of course, I made Rich put on another ring in it's place and promise me it was ok).
Breakdown #5 - questioning if Monster is a boy or a girl and how we will react to each!

Heck, I didn't ever say I was rational this week....

On a fun note, Monster went to his/her first concert...Justin Bieber and partied like a rockstar!  Baby has got the moves!!!

Thank goodness for YOGA 2 times per week...without it, I can't even imagine what my emotions would be like!

About MONSTER:

Full-term...what else can we say!  Now, it's just about hanging out until Monster is ready! 

Planning for MONSTER:

Reading! Reading! Reading!
Nesting! Nesting! Nesting!
Sleeping! Sleeping! Sleeping!

Taking EVERY free minute we have and making sure we are enjoying it...including impromptu lunches and a pedicure!

We also FINISHED the NURSERY this week...

Here is a picture of Rich and Chukar putting the final touches on one of the walls...then, the rest are pictures of the room from different angles!


 Of course, Monster won't be hanging out in this space for a while...but will be hanging out here...

We have a little "nook" in our bedroom where Monster will be spending the first nights (months)....


Alright, one more week in the books...and officially 24 more days until Monster's DUE DATE!!! Another OB appt on Tuesday ...and every week until Monster's decides to make an appearance!

Is it too early to start bribing Monster with something to lure him/her out?!?! You would think that the fact that we are his/her parents would be enough...

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment