Sunday, May 13, 2012

Week 15 - a Naval Orange!

About ME:  I have to say, this pregnancy thing and I really get along...minus the bad skin and random mood swings...pregnancy is pretty great!  Of course, those things happened before Monster was in my womb...just not as often.

We had a little scare this week and found out that their was some "abnormality" with our most recent ultrasound...a fun little thing called:

Subchorionic Hemorrhage
a.k.a. scariest thing you can tell a pregnant mom 

You might be asking what the heck is that...well, so were we! In simplistic terms, I have some bleeding between my placenta and my uterus.  UBER-scary...but everything should be good.  I have a great team around me who will be monitoring it and making sure that Monster is doing good.  

With the news of "scariest thing we've ever heard"...my week turned a little more low-key than normal. No more lifting things over 30 lbs (including Chukar)...No hike for me with Rich and Chukar on Sunday...Just more cautious with everything I do! 

About MONSTER: Now the size of a NAVEL ORANGE (HUGE) and growing everyday! Monster is now growing a head of hair and is super active.  Breathing, sucking and swallowing...can you believe all of that already?!?! Plus, there is even some kicking, curling toes, and moving of "it's" little Monster arms and legs!

Planning for MONSTER:  This week, Rich and I will be meeting with our OB who will be delivering (or at least scheduled to deliver) Monster.  We chose a doctor on a referral at Overlake OB and are very excited to meet with her for the first time.  We have been so blessed to be under the great care our our ARNP Lori up to this point and will continue to get to have the best of both worlds for Monster going forward.  

Seems like each week it gets a little more real...and this week was no exception...however, we could both do without the "scary stuff" going forward.  I guess that is what prepares us for all of the next steps in our journey to parenthood!

Today, Mother's Day...I was spoiled by so many wonderful people in my life.  Thank you for making my 1st (almost) Mother's Day so amazing and special!


No comments:

Post a Comment