Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 23 - A Papaya!


About ME:

I knew it would happen at some point, and from what I have been reading it was going to start VERY soon...yes, the weight gain!  Late 2nd Trimester the baby starts growing the most size-wise and it is very typical to put 2-3 pounds on per week.  Well, hello SCALE...this week marked 1.6 lbs for a grand total of 6.6 lbs pregnancy to date.  Yes, Monster is growing and so is my belly! 

It seems like every day Rich and I look at each other and laugh about the size of my belly...and we know it is only a matter of time before it probably DOUBLES!  Wow, thank goodness for maternity pants, the bella band is just not cutting it anymore!

With the 4th of July holiday on my "normal" picture morning, I totally spaced this week to get the fabulous BELLY PICTURE...so, another picture that was taken this week was when Rene and Avea used the Doppler to listen to Monster's heartbeat at Lori's office!

YES...there is definitely something growing in there!
As for the rest of pregnancy, the hormones are back in line and I'm sleeping good.  Only getting up 1-2 times per night, and have learned how to maneuver and not wake up too much! I've found that a pillow between my legs really adds to the comfort, and Chukar also loves the extra place to lay his head.  Most nights when I get up to pee, I find that Chukar has stolen my pillow and doesn't want to share when I return.  After a huff and a puff, he usually lets me back in the bed.  Of course, he is super protective of me and Monster and constantly follows me wherever I go!

About MONSTER

Approaching 12 inches long and over 1 lbs, Monster is the size of a Papaya.  This week, Monster's head is becoming more proportional with his/her body and is starting to really look like a newborn....and is actively moving around the clock! This week, we could also hear Monster's heartbeat through a standard stethoscope....WOW!

Planning for MONSTER:

The room is under way...we have "gutted" the old spare bedroom and are preparing to do the wall finishing and painting next weekend.  Also, the crib and dresser are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so the baby room will start coming together over the month of July! 

This upcoming week, we also have a couples yoga and relaxation class that helps prepare partners for child birth.  It will be nice to learn a few techniques that help during labor and also during the 3rd trimester.

Time is really starting to fly...and we are getting so excited to become new parents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment